CMS College has an uninterrupted and thriving history of existence since 1817, as one of the pioneering institutions of higher education in India located 9.3546° N, 76.3112° E, situated by the Kottayam-Kumarakom road, on a hillock called Annankunnu.
The College is spread to around 30 acres of which around eight acres remain as virgin forest. More than 400 species of flora have been scientifically identified within the campus. Most of the Departments are housed in independent buildings. The first building in the campus (the Principal’s Bunglow) is 199 years old, and the most recent one was built just a decade back. Eight buildings having a history of more than 100 years are identified as ‘Heritage Buildings’ by the UGC.
CMS College has a student strength of about 2400 with 143 Faculty Members and 62 Non-Teaching staff members. CMS College offers 9 Research, 15 Postgraduate and 16 Undergraduate Programmes.